Please login or register. May 03, 2024, 09:13:47 PM

Author Topic: New Update  (Read 37264 times)

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
New Update
« on: March 25, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
Hello,

there is new update online, so please use the update tool to get it. For the people who's pc is not connected to the internet I will place updated installer later this week. So now what is updated :)

• MIDI Editor - Unknown MIDI event is now just a warning and can be skipped. (on request of Paolo)
  • Patch Editor - well let's say this is not a full update (there are some troubles with the stability so consider it Beta) but polishes the import of the patches a little bit. I am working on this one.
  • SMFW30 - I have added some new disk image fingerprints from S330 and S50 which were not recognized before.

so this is it for the moment. Lot of stuff is going on for the moment so just be patient. I started playing actively again which means I use my W30 again more. I am reworking Tone editor to make the sound creation workflow much more easy. I hope to have this ready somewhere in the summer. So the upcoming updates will focus on Tone and Patch Editor.

cheers

Miro

Ricoche

• Inactive
    • View Profile
Re: New Update
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »
Hello Miro!

I've been busy with music projects but still keep an eye on the forums from time to time.
I actually picked up a used Roland W-30 for $5 bucks yesterday and it still works!  I had
a broken floppy disk drive and one dead key, otherwise all works well.  It even as the SCSI
chip in it which is cool.  I can fix the dead key, plus the floppy drive as you know can either
be replaced or fitted with the HxC which I have. 

In any event, I'm curious about the following:

SMFW30 - I have added some new disk image fingerprints from S330 and S50 which were not recognized before.

I use both the Roland S-330 and S-50 more than my W-30 ( although that may change with a second W-30 ).  The S-50 I always
had issues using with SMFW30 so I had to resort to creating a W-30 disk in SMFW30 and then having the W-30 convert it to S-50
format.  That worked great, but obviously it would be more of a time saver to just have SMFW30 create a working S-50 disk.

Thus, I'm wondering since you are tinkering with the S-330 and S-50 footprints that this might mean you are making them more
compatible.

I've always felt having a Roland W-30 editor is great, but if one could squeeze in the S-50, S-550, S-330, that would probably
bring in more users. 

Thanks Miro!!

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
Re: New Update
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Hi Jim,

like you I have been putting most of my time of this year in my band, so there was not much progress. However as I said in my other posts I have made basic port of SMFW30 in .NET so the development is much more faster and maintainable. I am now investing lot of time in my new web startup but I think I will spare some time for SMFW30 related things in the Christmas.

I will keep you posted...