Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 11:43:34 AM

Author Topic: Diskimages  (Read 158328 times)

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
Diskimages
« on: November 28, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
Hello guys,

in order to further develop SMFW30 I need your help  8).
I want to implement full support for S50,S330 and S550 samplers as well.

Can you please send me diskimages?   ;D

For the moment I want specifically S330 song disks but sound disks will do as well. If you have any questions just let me know.

best regards

Miro

harik

• View Profile
Re: Diskimages
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
Hi,Miro!It is excellent, though I myself do not have song disks S330, i have S330 and S550 sound disk images, but but I have downloaded them from here: http://www.sgroup.ca/

Ricoche

• Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
Hello Miro,

I have a couple of Roland S-330, S-50, and now W-30 samplers.  I obviously can easily rip disk images from the W-30 using your software SMFW30.

My question is what is the best way to rip the S-330 or S-50 images for you?  Would you like me to just use SMFW30 and send them to you that way?  I'm not sure if they will get corrupted in any way.  Please advise on your preferred way of converting the S-330 disks and I'll be happy to post or send whatever you need.  I have a lot of material that is fresh and from around the net.  ( Stuff I've sampled in myself for example ).  However, I can send anything you like of course.

I have several disk that are in pairs too.  For example I have one of my favorite S-50 patches called "Liquid Stacks" that I used SMFW30 to convert from the S-50 CD Rom.  I had to save to W-30 format and then use the W-30 to convert to S-50 format in order to work properly.  I also have an S-50 conversion done directly from SMFW30 that does not work because of the "fingerprint" being wrong or so you mentioned something like that.  I also have an S-330 working version of Liquid Stacks as well.  Perhaps sending you images disks of all three formats using the same set "Liquid Stacks" or other patch might make things easier.

Example:

S-50 - Liquid Stacks Disk
S-50 - Liquid Stacks Disk ( Converted by SMFW30 - not working )
S-330 - Liquid Stacks Disk
W-30 - Liquid stacks Disk

Please advise and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks!

Jim

katsumi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »
Really, It's been a long time.
I saw miro, your email.

I have Some S-50/50mk2/330/550 also Director-S 503/333/553 Sequencer System with SongData.

In my warehouse, I secured some data disk today.

A storage state is bad, and there is the disk which was not readable or error.
But Song data (type-A Sequence and SongData/ type-B songdata only) have both

I do not want to show it anymore because it is the disk more than 20 years ago,
but send it in Sdisk format, if necessary.Tell me ways of send it.

I am glad if possible if this S- or W- sample with songdata (typeA and typeB) come to be readable in
direct Reason format SXT+SONG. ;-)

Thanks from Japan
http://myspace.com/minusattack
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:34:01 AM by katsumi »

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »
Hello guys,

thank you for the great response.

@Jim
You can use SMFW30 or SDISKW to rip the image. I am sure there is no additional information so images are fine.
Regarding those converted images that would be absolutely awesome. It will help a lot by reverse engineering of small details.

@katsumi
as I said above disk images are enough. Just send what you have then I have at least some testing material.

Well I will see what I can do  8). I will probably go freelance so in case that somebody wants to speed up the development or will fund me for specific feature, let me know. I would be then able to work on SMFW30 in much more efficient way. I think a day or two per week would be sufficient to make a real progress.

best regards

Miro
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:42:14 PM by miro »

musicslove

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 12:39:16 AM »
We should contribute to get a new software for the W30. It's a great keyboard. And, it would be a great resource to make a sound library for the members.