Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Sound repository  (Read 30658 times)

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
Sound repository
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:19:27 PM »
Hi guys,

I am putting some work into the SMFW30 website so we have worthy new release :). I've got an idea if anybody of you would be interested in the kind of online library of patches and tones accessible directly from SMFW30? Well there is certainly room for ideas but in the first instance I would like to know your point of view on such a functionality.

thanks in advance for your fast replies ;)

Miro

Ricoche

• Inactive
    • View Profile
Re: Sound repository
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 12:06:58 AM »
Hello Miro,

A user contributed Sound repository would be pretty cool if that's what you're thinking.  To be able to share and categorize sound files would be excellent.  It also might inspire others to create and/or contribute data to help the Roland W30 community grow.

Personally, I think the two main issues of the Roland W30 are it's boot/storage method and having adequate software to load samples.  You seem to have the software covered with SMFW30.  This is great.  On the hardware side of things, I'm still hunting around for a good solution to the floppy boot system....that's another topic I know.

Once I can use the SMFW30 effectively to get WAV files into the W30 more easily, I am interested in creating videos and sample files to help improve the Roland W30 community.  The W30 still has much potential that has been limited due to it's previous software and hardware storage limitations. 

The next release of your SMFW30 will truly be groundbreaking I think.  A Sound Repository would definitely enhance the product and experience for sure.

Thanks Miro!!

Jim

nick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
Hi Miro

Am back on that case again, been moving all over the country and finally set everything up.

I think this would be a great idea, whats the best way to do it?

I've got quite alot of disks that I could upload, for example loads of the original L-50... sound library which I think i've used once, but someone else might find them useful. 

Hope all is well

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:23:10 AM »
Hi Nick,

thats great news. I will pm or mail you some place to upload the stuff and we'll see where it will lead us ;).

cheers

Miro