Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 08:45:33 PM

Author Topic: Same static when exporting as Ricochet  (Read 158253 times)

jsmith

• View Profile
Same static when exporting as Ricochet
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »
Okay, I just exported the ENTIRE L-CD1 collection and found the same static in the images as jim. Is that updated beta file you had attached still available? I'm getting a 404 when trying to access it.

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
Re: Same static when exporting as Ricochet
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »
Hi,

here it is.

http://smfw30.svetlik.be/download/CDEd12Beta.zip

I dont know if this forum does not keep the download history but you are right that previous file is not accessible.

Miro

jsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 03:10:35 AM »
Thank you so much! You help has been greatly appreciated! It looks like I will get this W-30 nicely useable yet.

Ricoche

• Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »
Hi Miro,

Just FYI.  I know the Roland S-50 is a slightly different beast, but I thought I'd report this finding anyway.  It seems when I export to .s50 format using the CD Editor it becomes corrupt when writing and loading into the Roland S-50.  If I export to .S330 format and then Convert to .S50 format using the Roland S-330 all is fine.  Somehow, the CD Editor Corrupts the S-50 file.  Again, I understand that SMFW30 is primarily for W30 and perhaps S-330 samplers, but thought I'd mention this in case anyone expects the Roland S-50 to work with the CD Editor.  For now I'm fine with saving to either W30 or S330 formats and converting to S50 using the converter software from Roland. 

Thanks!

Jim

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »
Hi Jim,

I know already :). After some investigation with other S-50 owners I found out that the structure of the diskimage data is totally different, so my mapping did not work. Also SMFW30 works with sort of the fingerprint system to recognize the images and in the last year I received new sorts of diskimages which I have never seen before. They are now incorporated in my working code, however I found some nasty memory leaks in the undo/redo code causing crashes you have reported to me. I would love to have this resolved before I will release next version with proper support for S-50 and new types of diskimages.

best regards

Miro

Ricoche

• Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 01:37:25 AM »
Sounds great Miro!  I think there would be a lot of interest out there for Roland S-50, S-330, and S-550 disk creators.  Extracting wav files is pretty easy with some of the other editors out there, but the converting, importing, and creation of S-series disks is still pretty much done only with SMFW30.  You have a great niche there and I'm hoping you can release an update in the near future, but these old S-Series samplers fade into dust.  The HxC Emulator has also been instrumental in keeping the W-30 for example a bit more current.  From my experience, I actually find the S-50 to be the most fun to use.  It's a bit simpler than the W-30, but what the W-30 has is the sequencer and the ability to convert different formats.  All of the S-series samplers are similar but different in their own way. 

Keep up the great work and I hope perhaps a new release can rejuvenate the SMFW30 crowd!

Thanks!

Jim