Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 12:57:20 PM

Author Topic: Handy conversion script for HxC floppy emulator  (Read 44683 times)

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
Handy conversion script for HxC floppy emulator
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:12:09 AM »
Hello guys,

while you are waiting on direct HxC support in SMFW30, on the request of Wadge I have created small conversion script to make creation of HFE files for HxC floppy emulator easier. Here is how:

• download my repack of HxC software v1.6.11.15 with included script from here: http://smfw30.svetlik.be/download/HxC_with_script.zip
  • extract the archive for example on your desktop (it should create a new directory "HxCFloppyEmulator_soft"
  • Open commandline by clicking on START button and typing cmd, then press enter.
  • navigate to the "HxCFloppyEmulator_soft" directory by using command cd. Easiest is type cd and then copy and paste the path to the "HxCFloppyEmulator_soft" from explorer.
  • now type convert2hfe.cmd name_of_the_diskimage.sdk where name_of_the_diskimage.sdk is the filename of diskimage you want to convert
  • script will create two subdirectories .\W30 and .\HFE in the "HxCFloppyEmulator_soft" directory. In .\HFE directory will be converted diskimage which you need to copy on the SD CARD, or script will print an error on the console window

I hope this will be useful.

best regards

Miro