Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:32:05 AM

Author Topic: SMFW30 2.1.0.0 Technical Difficulties  (Read 35227 times)

Ricoche

• Inactive
    • View Profile
SMFW30 2.1.0.0 Technical Difficulties
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:52:39 PM »
Hello Miro,

First thanks very much for all the hard work with the update.  So far so good, but I discovered a few things that I'm not sure if they are enabled yet or if it's something I'm missing.

1.  In the Tone Editor under the Loop Mode Pull Down Menu there is a spelling error.  Fordward should be "Forward".

2.  Everything in the Tone Editor appears to work with the exception of playing sounds.  The play button is grayed out.  The Tone Editor is fantastic but it might be difficult without a method for "auditioning" the sound especially when checking the loop points and envelopes.

3.  The Patch Editor appears to be view only with no editing ability or way to create new patches.  Other than having a glimpse of the patch parameters I'm not sure how useful this will be.  I'm guessing this is under development still.

Tomorrow when I get a chance I'll load some wavs into my W-30 and see that works now.  Thanks!!

Jim

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
Re: SMFW30 2.1.0.0 Technical Difficulties
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
Hi Jim,

thanks for your lightning fast reply 8). And now issues:

1.  In the Tone Editor under the Loop Mode Pull Down Menu there is a spelling error.  Fordward should be "Forward".
  yes this is a spelling mistake, sorry but english is not my native language  :-[ so have some patience with me  ;)

2.  Everything in the Tone Editor appears to work with the exception of playing sounds.  The play button is grayed out.
       The Tone Editor is fantastic but it might be difficult without a method for "auditioning" the sound especially when
       checking the loop points and envelopes.
  this is true, audition is not yet enabled. I will try to push this as one of the first updates. However this will play just a raw sample without
  the envelope and filters which of course are happenning in W30. Of course wish of the users is the most important.

3.  The Patch Editor appears to be view only with no editing ability or way to create new patches.
      Other than having a glimpse of the patch parameters I'm not sure how useful this will be.
      I'm guessing this is under development still.
      well Jim you are partially right. Patch editor is new written from scratch so I focused on common CRUD functionality, no parameters editing for the moment. However there is possibility to load patch and match with another subtones to fastly create new patches. I will write how to on this.

As I stated in my previous post it is not yet finished, but because of so many changes which has been introduced against the previous version I have released this new package. Because of internet updater which is bundled now I can push more local updates for Tone or Patch editor and people dont have to anymore reinstall whole thing. Now I want also gather necessary feedback from users so we can set the goals what are the most used and needed features and also workflows.

cheers

Miro

nick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
Hey Miro!

Downloaded the new version last night, I must say I'm very impressed, good work! Am sorry to say one little error I found was, when converting a midi file to a Roland Song, it did mostly work. All 8 tracks went across, and the gate problems all sorted like you said, but after playing it back on the w30 at around 20 measures some channels start going funny. For example gaps in the notes, some kind of go out of sync with the sequence. (excuse me for my poor technical vocabulary) I'll e-mail you the disk image and midi file if you fancy a look. But apart from that, everything seems to be cushdy!

Thanks chap!

Nick

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:03 PM »
Hi Nick,

no problem just send me the diskimage and tell me which song it is. I will take a look, well because there is no documentation :o on Roland Song format I can just do try and fail reverse engineering so this kind of things can happen. Just mail it  ;)

cheers

Miro