Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 02:31:50 PM

Author Topic: Gate Time\Note length defaults to "1"  (Read 48255 times)

nick

• View Profile
Gate Time\Note length defaults to "1"
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
Hi Miro. Just opening this post to following my e-mail. For anyone else thats interested here's the post:

I found your SMFW30 software online yesterday and have been glued to it ever since. I'm a music student and have been wanting to use my w30 as a sequencer for years at gigs, but never quite got the hang of it.

The feature that got my attention was converting midi files to w30 songs. I've tried this many times and it does work completely, apart from every note on every channels gate time is set to 1, so theres no length to notes. I thought it might be Cubase exporting midi files incorrectly but their fine as type 1. Do you have any ideas? or possibly something I'm doing wrong.

Hi Nick,

thanks for your interest in SMFW30. I am currently concluding the betatest of next major release, can you please send me example of your MIDI file which cannot be converted? I will give it a try. Also I have registered you on our forum so you can join the discussion ;-). SMFW30 is by no means 'perfect' and I do not have anymore so much time as I had some 15 years ago :). So input like yours is very valuable for the improvement of SMFW30.

nick

• View Profile
Re: Gate Time\Note length defaults to "1"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:30:04 AM »
PS,

Just encase my version of Cubase spits out a funny midi file, has anyone successfully done this? and if so could you let me know what software and version of windows your running.

Thanks a million

Nick

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »
Hi Nick,

I have just arrived back from our family vacation in France :), (we've got some excellent sunny weather) so sorry for the delay. I will be taking look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the provided midi file. I will post asap if I can merge bugfix for this into the new version of SMFW30 I have ready to be released.

best regards

Miro

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »
Hello,

I did some debugging and it seems this is related to the note-off velocity (used for Aftertouch in W30) fooling my note stop seek function. If MIDI Editor cannot find noteoff event it will set lenght of the note to 1. I will replace this default by quarter note duration. Correction is on the way  ;D

regards

Miro
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:42:23 PM by miro »

miro

• Administrator
  • Eternal Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • smfw30.svetlik.be
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »
Ok Nick,

I have it fixed so it will be in the new release

best regards

Miro

nick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 09:27:58 PM »
ooo diamond! sorry for my delay in replying, been stuck into my uni work.
cheers chap, can't wait to use it for gigs. Glad to hear the weather was good, its just starting to get better round here.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your new release.

Thanks again, i'll be logging on now and again to see how everythings going

Tar